Thursday, October 9, 2008

Feels so good when I stop banging my head against the wall...

That's it. I've had it.

Many people are glad they're not in charge. Me, on the contrary... well, I've applied many times for the job of Supreme Ruler of All Things I Care About but apparently someone else is more qualified.

Like George W. Bush.

Or Sarah Palin. (A note from one of my sons' blogs: Google has reinstated its 2001 search index as a birthday celebration. "Sarah Palin" appears a total of ZERO times. Even my then-10-year-old had four listings in 2001.)

In any case, I respectfully withdraw my application to run the world. I'm going to lower my sights and do what I can to improve my country and my own life: save aluminum foil and rubber bands, perhaps.

Seriously though? Within my own weeny sphere, I'll keep plugging to build business for us and our clients, I'll pay my youngest's tuition so he has a chance to get the job he wants someday, and I'll vote. And blog. And... okay, continue to bemoan the worst of the greed, the ignorance and the blind allegiance to All Things Foolish that made me apply to be Supreme Ruler of All Things I Care About in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment