Thursday, September 4, 2008

What's the inspiration here?

I've become convinced that the world is spinning into a new era. We're not fussing about "sustainability" and the environment for nothing. Our kids will need incredible skills, not just an education, to get the careers they'll need if they want to live in a house, drive a car and savor the occasional Ben & Jerry's pint. And we don't even need to mention oil prices. Or the roller coaster stock market. Or the U.S. mortgage crisis.

But I don't feel dismal. Not at all. I'm an optimist, so I'm exploring the boundless potential of creative, out-of-the-box thinking to change - well, anything.

My conclusion is this: conventional thinking isn't going to cut it for long. Not for leaders or intellectuals or business people or parents, or...

May I suggest a great movie about creative thinking and quantum physics? (don't be scared; if you know less about physics than I do, I'd be amazed): www.whatthebleep.com

No comments:

Post a Comment